Aiming for a secure housing transaction?
In addition to a Housing Trade Condition Evaluation, purchase our hidden defect insurance policy, Kauppaturva.
“A Raksystems condition inspector surveyed the house with extra care and provided us with a written inspection report that was enclosed with the deed. The sellers also took out Kauppaturva, the hidden defect insurance, so that we can all stop worrying about any hidden defects.”
Financial security after a housing transaction with Kauppaturva
Kauppaturva offers financial security to the seller of an apartment or a property. The insurance covers financial liability due to hidden defects for, depending on the site, a period of two or five years from the transfer of possession.
- The insurance must be taken out by the seller of the apartment or property. The insurance company is Helvetia.
- You can get a Transaction Security policy when selling an apartment in an apartment building or a terraced house, a semi-detached house, a detached house or a detached house that is part of a housing company.
- In the case of an apartment in a terraced house, a semi-detached house, a detached house or a detached house that is part of a housing company, a Housing Trade Condition Evaluation by Raksystems must be performed before the insurance can be taken out.
- A Humidity Survey by Raksystems is a requirement in the case of an apartment in an apartment building.
Don’t forget to take out Kauppaturva before the transfer of the right of possession
Secure your housing transaction with Kauppaturva, a hidden defect insurance policy. A hidden defect is a defect that was not observed during a Housing Trade Condition Evaluation/Humidity Survey and of which the seller was not aware. Transaction Security offers you financial security after you have sold an apartment or a property.
Prerequisites for granting of the insurance
- A survey by Raksystems is required before taking out the insurance.
- A Humidity Survey by Raksystems is required in the case of an apartment in an apartment building.
- In the case of an apartment in a terraced house, a semi-detached house, a detached house or a detached house that is part of a housing company, a Housing Trade Condition Evaluation by Raksystems is required.
- The evaluation/survey must be performed a maximum of six (6) months prior to the transaction date.
- The policyholder must be a natural person or an undivided death estate.
- The insurance is available for buildings with a floor area of a maximum of 350 m2 (properties).
- The insurance is available for site with a floor area of a maximum of 350 m2 (detached houses that are part of a housing company, semi-detached houses, apartments in a terraced house or apartments in an apartment building).
- The insurance application and its appendices must be submitted to the insurance company before the transfer of the right of possession to the site.
Insurer’s contact information
- The insurer is Helvetia Schweizerische Versicherungsgesellschaft in Liechtenstein AG
- In any matters pertaining to the insurance policy, please contact:
Söderberg & Partners Kauppaturva customer service, on weekdays from 10 am to 2 pm, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 040 7797 999.
The insurer is Helvetia Schweizerische Versicherungsgesellschaft in Liechtenstein AG.
The insurance policy is granted by its agent, RSG Construction & Specialty AB, registration number 556686-1964 (Sweden), on the basis of an authorisation granted to the agent with agreement no. B1262BW0318320.
The insurance policies offered and the insurance business comply with the EU Freedom of Service Directive. The insurer is being supervised by the Swedish supervisory authority Finansinspektionen. Address: Brunnsgatan 3, SE-103 97 Stockholm, Sweden.
|Site||Insurance premium for a site
built in or after 2000
|Insurance premium for a site built in 1981–1999||Insurance premium for a site built in or before 1980||Insurance period|
|An apartment in an apartment building||€ 1,150||€ 1,150||€ 1,150||2 years|
|An apartment in a terraced house||€ 1,150||€ 1,150||€ 1,150||2 years|
|A semi-detached house||€ 1,150||€ 1,150||€ 1,150||2 years|
|A detached house that is part of a housing company||€ 1,150||€ 1,150||€ 1,150||2 years|
|A detached house||€ 2,490||€ 2,490||€ 2,490||5 years|
Applying for the insurance
- Please study the insurance terms and the survey report by Raksystems with care.
- The Housing Trade Condition Evaluation report (apartments in terraced houses/apartment buildings and detached houses that are part of a housing company and separate detached houses) or the Humidity Survey report (apartments in apartment buildings) may be a maximum of six (6) months old at the time when the purchase agreement is signed. The purchase agreement is a written agreement on the selling of the site between the seller and the buyer.
- The insurance must always be taken out before the transfer of the right of possession.
- A copy of the Humidity Survey or Housing Trade Condition Evaluation report must be presented when applying for the insurance.
- Click here to fill out an electronic application form or follow the instructions below. Please use a browser other than Internet Explorer when filling out the form.
Submitting a notification of claim
- A notification of claim must be submitted as soon as possible and at the latest one year after the date on which the insured become aware of the insured event and the damage caused. In any case, the notification of claim must be submitted within ten years of the neglect due to which the buyer has made a claim for damages.
- A claim notification report must be prepared without delay and sent to
- Cunningham Lindsey Nordic ApS
C/o Oy Lars Krogius Ab
FI-00500 Helsinki, Finland
Tel. +358 (0)9 4763 6300 or +358 (0) 40 920 7488
- The following must be enclosed with the report:
- A copy of the buyer’s claim for damages (if submitted in writing)
- A damage report, such as a copy of a loss assessment report
- A copy of the Housing Trade Condition Evaluation report
- Information on any other insurance policies covering the damage/claim
- Any other information and documents the insurer may require when processing the claim
We will update this page if the information changes.
We have terminated the Hidden Defect Liability Insurance (Piilovirhevakuutus) RS10 claim processing on January 31st, 2022.
- Raksystems Insinööritoimisto Oy no longer handles claims in connection with the Hidden Defect Liability Insurance RS10, which has been previously sold and was terminated on 31st of December 2015 and operated by Anticimex Försäkringar AB filial i Finland.
- If you have any questions regarding the Hidden Defect Liability Insurance RS10 or any damage related to it, please contact Anticimex Palvelut Oy, the insurance agent of Anticimex Försäkringar AB in Finland: email@example.com / tel. 0207 495 500. Call prices: 8.35 cents / call + 16.69 cents / min (prices include VAT 24%).
Fill out an application or contact us!
Kauppaturva customer service is available on weekdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.